How to Pass PMI Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) Certification Exam in First Attempt
- Submitted PfMP application then I got a mail next day from PfMP averring that my (PfMP) application has been accepted and asked me to proceed to make the payment.
- Made the payment same day and immediately was notified that my application was selected for auditing.
- In the handbook, it's stated that Panel review take ten working days and I was getting impatient as the days passed because it took more than ten working days when finally got the mail stating that I have given the first Panel review evaluation.
- Referred my PfMP notes, below reference materials and sample exam references and scheduled for taking the exam (exactly one month after applying), obtaining PfMP credential.
- The exam is 4 hours long so make sure you are cerebrally preparing yourself to sit for that long and devoting with full concentration. Even though this looks very obvious but professionals who have been managing portfolios would have empathy that in our professional daily life, which is packed with meetings, presentations, submitting/reviewing proposals, training and mentoring resources, one seldom gets an occasion to sit in front of system for that long and not to mention retorting bunch of questions while directed in which answer to eliminate as more often than not, more than one answer can be applicable.
- One can answer some questions based on their practical Portfolio practice, but not all Portfolios are accomplished ideally the way it is described in The Standard for Portfolio Management, it's significant to think from what is defined in The Standard for Portfolio Management while answering the questions in the exam .
- It's essential to understand Strategic Alignment, Governance, Portfolio Performance.
- Assume few questions that are related to analyzing which Portfolio component to select or not to choose (NPV, IRR, Weighted Ranking & Scoring, etc.)